Local News

Fire Destroys Pine Level Home

Posted December 26, 1998

— A family in Pine Level is looking for a place to live.

A smoldering cigarette may be to blame for a fire that gutted their mobile home. Three adults and a child made it out with only the clothes on their backs.

The fire department got the call around 2 Saturday afternoon.

"We were kind of hoping when we came in this morning that we wouldn't have any fires of any kind. But unfortunately, around the holidays, we always have one," said Chief Anthony Gudac

Chief Gudac says it appears the cause of the fire was accidental.

Comments

Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all