Local News

Acid Leak Causes Evacuation

Posted August 12, 1998

— A student at NC State learned a lesson the hard way. The Raleigh hazardous materials team spent two hours Wednesday trying to contain dangerous fumes.

The fumes escaped after a student was trying to do an experiment using sulfuric acid. The leak happened at Williams Hall where agricultural classes are held. The fumes entered the ventilation system and the building had to be evacuated.

No one was hurt.

Comments

Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all