Local News

Woman Dies in Nash County House Fire

Posted April 12, 2007

Map Marker  Find News Near Me

— A 37-year-old woman was killed early Thursday in a house fire, authorities said.

Firefighters responding to a fire at 3310 Barnes Hill Church Road shortly after midnight found the body of the woman inside, authorities said.

The woman's name hasn't been released, pending notification of her family. She lived alone in the house, authorities said.

The fire apparently started on a stove that had been left unattended, authorities said. Smoke quickly filled the house, and the woman didn't have time to get out, they said.

There were no smoke detectors in the house, authorities said.

6 Comments

Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all
  • ladyblue Apr 12, 2007

    May God have with her during this time so she did not suffer. My prayers are with the family

  • hailsprin Apr 12, 2007

    soccermom,

    I live in the area and saw this story on the site today. I looked up the address to see if it was anyone that I knew. It came back that no such address exists. At least they apparantly didn't get it right anyway!

  • randi2 Apr 12, 2007

    God Bless this family....Our prayers are with you all.

  • summerluv Apr 12, 2007

    WRAL, what's with the address being given? If the house didn't burn to the ground, wouldn't this be the perfect opportunity for some thug to go searching for stuff??

  • spiritwarriorwoman Apr 12, 2007

    Awww! Praying for her and her loved ones.

    God bless.

    Rev. RB

  • AFLOWERS Apr 12, 2007

    My thoughts and prayers go out to her family and friends. I can not begin to imagine being burnt to death.