Local News

Man, Woman Sought In Two Raleigh Robberies

Posted January 5, 2006

— Raleigh police are seeking the public's help in identifying a man and a woman wanted in connection with two armed robberies just two days after Christmas.

  • Video:

    Authorities said the robberies took place on Dec. 27 -- one at about 5:30 p.m. at the Crown Fast Fare at 2516 S. Saunders St. and the second at about 9:30 p.m. at the Circle K at 2948 New Bern Ave.

    Investigators say it is highly unusual for women to be charged with robbery and they hope video surveillance released to the media Thursday could help generate leads.

    "I do not recall anything like this, so it's our hope that someone recognizes this young lady and has some information, and can pass it along to us," said Sgt. Stacey Deans.

    Last year, there were 362 men charged in connection with armed robbery cases, but only 36 women -- "very few instances, especially in regard to handling or possessing a weapon and committing a commercial robbery like that," Deans said.

    Police urge anyone with information that may help them in their investigation to contact the Raleigh Police Department at

    (919) 890-3555

    or CrimeStoppers at

    (919) 226-2746


  • Comments

    Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

    Oldest First
    View all