Local News

One Dead After Early Morning Fayetteville Fire

Posted December 15, 2005

— One person is dead after a fatal fire in Fayetteville.

Fire crews were called out to the home on Tokay Drive in north Fayetteville around 4 a.m.

Authorities believe 45-year-old Kerry George died from smoke inhalation. No one else was at home at the time of the fire.

Crews say the fire was started by a wood-burning stove. Foul play is not suspected in the fire.

Comments

Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all