Local News

Grease Fire Blamed For Blaze That Destroyed Selma Duplex

Posted December 14, 2005

— A kitchen fire sparked a blaze that burned down a duplex in Selma Wednesday

No one was injured in the fire that happened Wednesday morning on King Circle.

Officials said that the fire started from grease in a kitchen in one of the apartments.

A woman who was in the apartment where the fire started alerted other neighbors about the fire.

Allen Lee woke up to voice of his neighbor yelling for his family to get out.

Everything he and the other family had is destroyed.

"Everything is gone," Lee said. "But as long as we managed to get our families out that is all that matters. The Red Cross is here and they are trying to help us out. But other than that, everything we got is gone."

A family of three lived in one apartment and a woman and her daughter lived in another part of the duplex. One of the women is eight months pregnant.


Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all