Local News

Durham Nightclub May Shut Down After 3 Shootings

Posted October 6, 2005

— A nightclub in Durham may shut down and police could be close to an arrest after a fatal shooting last weekend, Durham's city manager said Thursday.

Last weekend, Michael Kenion was shot to death outside Club 1000 on Main Street.

In the last year, there have been two other shootings at the property when the club operated under a different name.

On Thursday, City Manager Patrick Baker told council members he has heard the building's owner may shut the place down.

He also said police have identified possible suspects in the death of Kenion.


Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all