Local News

One Killed, One Injured in Sampson County Blaze

Posted February 11, 2007

A Sampson County man was killed when fire swept through a mobile home early Sunday morning.

A woman who was inside the home on Trinity Church Road suffered second-degree burns and cuts caused by escaping through a window. She was airlifted to Sampson Regional Medical Center.

Firefighters are looking into the cause of the fire. Sampson County authorities said that it may have started with an electric space heater
1 Comment

Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all
  • Fence Straddler Feb 12, 2007

    Alot of fires start because of space heaters. There should be more education given to the public on how and where to operate them in the home. I had one to start sparking on its own and if I would have been in another room it could have started a fire of its own.
    It is still sad to hear of the man killed by the fire but good to hear the woman survived with only cuts and second-degree burns.
    Still unfortunate and sad anyway you look at it.