Information for People Using Cumberland County Courts
Posted January 22, 2007
N.C. — Cumberland County court officials have released the following details for people with court cases scheduled before the courthouse reopens Wednesday:
- Anyone seeking domestic violence protective orders may do so at the magistrates’ office in the Cumberland County Detention Center.
- Criminal and traffic cases scheduled for Friday, Monday or Tuesday in Courtrooms 2A, 2B or 2C will be rescheduled by the clerk’s office, and notices will be sent to defendants and witnesses by mail. If you don't receive notice within one week, you should contact the clerk’s office. Individuals represented by counsel should contact their attorney as soon as possible.
- Some cases involving individuals being held at the county jail will be heard at the detention center Monday and Tuesday. Some individuals arrested on felony charges over the weekend and on Monday and released on bond by the magistrate will be directed to the detention center today by Tuesday for hearing.
- Individuals scheduled for Child Support Court in Courtroom 3A on Tuesday should contact their child support agent at the Child Support Office at Eutaw Shopping Center. Cases will be rescheduled and notices will be mailed.
- Cases scheduled in Courtroom 3A on Monday for divorce and the continuance of domestic violence protective orders will be carried over until Wednesday.
- Individuals scheduled for Domestic Court in Courtrooms 3D and 3E Monday and Tuesday should contact their attorney. Unrepresented individuals should contact their Family Court case coordinator when the courthouse reopens. Some cases may be heard later in the week. Notices of rescheduled cases will be mailed.
- Juvenile Court trial matters scheduled for Monday and Tuesday will be rescheduled. Juvenile detention hearings and juvenile non-secure hearings will be carried over until Wednesday. Parties should contact their attorney. Rescheduled notices will be mailed by the clerk’s office.
- Small claims matters scheduled for Monday and Tuesday will be rescheduled by the clerk’s office, and notices will be sent by mail. Individuals who don't receive notice within one week should contact the clerk’s office.
- Jurors scheduled for Monday and Tuesday need not report. Jurors scheduled for Wednesday should call the recording listed on their summons after 6 p.m. Tuesday.