Local News

Children Playing With Matches Spark Condo Fire

Posted March 7, 2005

— Children playing with matches are to blame for $100,000 in damage to condominiums in a weekend fire, fire officials said.

Three Raleigh families weren't able to spend Sunday night in their own homes.

A fire broke out at the Morgan Mill Condominiums off Garner Road when children were playing with matches.

Fortunately, everyone made it out safely.

Fire inspectors say the three units aren't safe for people to live in.

Fire officials say that there won't be charges against the children.


Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all