Local News

Fire Officials Say Lamp Sparked Raleigh Condo Fire

Posted February 8, 2005

— Investigators say a lamp is behind a fire that tore through a Raleigh condominium late Monday night.

It happened at a unit on Walden Pond Road.

Firefighters say a halogen lamp fell on a chair, sparking the fire.

No one was hurt and only one unit was damaged.

But the fire did displace four people who lived in that unit.

Those residents received help from the Red Cross.


Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all