Local News

House Fire Linked To Kerosene/Gas Mixup In Rocky Mount

Posted January 26, 2005

— Investigators now say a house fire is connected to a kerosene/gas mixture sold at a Rocky Mount convenience store.

Owners of the Trade Mart on Sunset Avenue say they accidentally sold 900 gallons of the potentially dangerous mixture in the past two weeks.

Investigators are looking at whether three other house fires are connected.

Store and fire officials are asking anyone who purchased the tainted kerosene between Jan. 11 and Jan. 22 to return it immediately. They will be reimbursed.

Comments

Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all