Local News

Neighbor Saves Family From Chatham County Fire

Posted December 30, 2004

— A mother and her teenage son made it safely out of their burning house in Chatham County, thanks to a neighbor.

"My wife and I saw the smoke and immediately called 911, and I came running over to get everyone out and we did," neighbor Nim Brann said.

The home is located near Highway 751 close to Jordan Lake. The second floor was badly damaged.

The family saved a lot of antiques and will move into a rental house they own for now.

Investigators say an electrical short may have started the fire.

Comments

This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all