Local News

Discarded Cigarette To Blame For Wake County Fire

Posted December 13, 2004

— More than a dozen people are homeless following an early-morning fire in eastern Wake County.

The fire happened at a mobile home on Buffalo Road. Authorities believe the fire was started by a discarded cigarette in the trash can.

Six adults and eight children were in the house. All were able to get out unharmed. The Red Cross is providing them shelter.


Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all