Local News

Investigators: Fire At Historic Inn Started By Guest

Posted November 17, 2004

— Investigators think a fire at a Mebane Inn was set by a guest who was trying to commit suicide.

The flames destroyed a wing of the historic Inn at Bighman School Monday night.

Inspectors found a propane gas line to a fireplace disconnected in the second-floor room where the inn's lone guest was staying.

The man was taken to UNC Hospitals with minor injuries. There is no word on whether he will face charges.

Comments

This story is closed for comments. Comments on WRAL.com news stories are accepted and moderated between the hours of 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Oldest First
View all