Authorities Arrest Second Suspect In Fatal Cary Stabbing
Posted August 24, 2004
CARY, N.C. — Authorities have made a second arrest in the death of a woman whose body was found in Cary Saturday.
Officials with the U.S. Marshal's Office assisted Cary police in the arrest of Ottoniel Roblero, 25, at his Cary home around 6 p.m. Monday.
Maria Mena was arrested earlier in the day in Durham.
Roblero and Mena are charged in the murder of Karla Chavez. Authorities found the victim's body in a wooded area near an apartment complex near Wrenn Drive. Chavez was found stabbed to death.
Authorities said they found Mena's truck Sunday in the western part of the state, but they would not say what evidence was found that led them to Mena in Durham.
"We believe we have been able to successfully remove one very dangerous person off the streets," said Chief W.J. Hunter of the Cary Police Department.
Police said Mena stabbed Chavez and her boyfriend, Pablo Guerra, early Saturday morning. Guerra was treated and released from a hospital.
Investigators believe the stabbing was the result of a fight between the women over the boyfriend. They said they responded to several domestic calls last week involving the people in the case.