Local News

Durham Man Electrocuted In Basement Of Home

Posted April 22, 2004

— It appears water and electricity were a deadly mix for a 20-year-old Durham man Thursday.

Deputies said Victor Jones died in the basement of his mother's home at 6105 Wake Forest Highway. He had been electrocuted.

Investigators said there were six inches of water on the floor and that Jones had been using a work light for some repair work. He apparently had carried the light on an extension cord into the crawl space in order to work on either the electrical or plumbing under the house.

Investigators said they were not sure if the water was present when Jones entered the basement or if the water was a result of the work he was doing.

Jones, who lived at 309 Baptist Road in Durham, was found by his girlfriend shortly before 3:30 p.m. and pronounced dead at the scene.

Comments

This story is closed for comments. Comments on WRAL.com news stories are accepted and moderated between the hours of 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Oldest First
View all