Despite New Leads, No Arrests Made In Josh Davis Case
Posted March 29, 2004
GARNER, N.C. — There have been more than 30 new leads and over 120 interviews, but still no arrests in the death of a Garner teenager.
Dave Davis is back at work, but he said it is tough to get through each day. It has now been more than 80 days since his son, Joshua, was killed.
"You think it gets easier, but everyday, it gets harder," he said.
The 16-year-old was walking home when something or someone hit him. Garner Police Chief Tom Moss said detectives are working the case from all angles, even investigating rumors that Davis was killed over a girl or after a fight involving skateboarders.
Some of their best information came earlier in March, when a woman came forward and realized she was in the area the night Davis died. She said she saw a person matching the
description of a composite
that authorities had distributed in the area running away.
The composite resulted in more than 30 new leads. Still, police do not know if Davis' death was a murder or just an accident.
"The person out there may not have intended to do this. It may have truly been an accident," Moss said. "We can work with that person. We can help that person if they want to go forward."
While Davis longs for an arrest, the waiting makes him want to do more for his son.
"People try to talk me out of a vigilante kind of life, but it makes you drive toward that. It makes you want to be like that," he said.
A $10,000 reward is offered for information that leads to an arrest in the case.