Local News

Wilson Motel Damaged By Fire

Posted January 15, 2004

— Wilson firefighters believe an electrical short may have sparked a fire at the Wayside Motel on U.S. 301 early Wednesday.

Three rooms were gutted in the fire. Investigators said no one was in those rooms at the time. Other rooms had smoke damage.

No one was injured, but several guests were displaced for a short time.

Comments

This story is closed for comments. Comments on WRAL.com news stories are accepted and moderated between the hours of 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Oldest First
View all