Local News

Authorities Confirm No Foul Play Involved In Paraplegic's Death

Posted December 24, 2003

— Authorities say the death of a man whose wheelchair caught on fire was an accident.

Authorities believe Gary Reed's wheelchair got stuck, overheated, and burst into flames outside his Cumberland County home on Dec. 16.

Reed was 47 years old and partially paralyzed.

Comments

Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all