Local News

Early-Morning Fire Damages Raleigh Apartments

Posted December 2, 2006

Map Marker  Find News Near Me
— A fire forced a dozen Raleigh residents out of their homes early Saturday morning.

Fire officials said the blaze broke out around 1:30 a.m. inside an apartment building at the corner of Poole Road and Fisher Street. A candle is believed to have sparked the fire inside a downstairs unit, where it spread to the unit above it, said authorities.

Residents who were at home at the time evacuated safely, and no injuries were reported.

Two units were destroyed, while two others suffered extensive damage. Poole Road was shut down temporarily from New Bern Avenue to Raleigh Boulevard so rescue crews could get to the fire.
Comments

This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all