Local News

Elderly Durham Woman Dies In Apartment Fire

Posted November 16, 2003

— A Durham woman is dead after an apartment fire.

Authorities were called to the Lakeside Gardens Apartments around 12:30 Sunday afternoon for an unrelated incident. While there, firefighters noticed smoke coming from a first-floor apartment. Once inside, they found 92-year-old Maggie Haithcock dead in her kitchen.

Investigators believe Haithcock's gown touched the stove and caught fire.

Comments

Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all