Local News

Four Teens Accused Of Calling In Bomb Threat At School

Posted October 20, 2003

— The Harnett County Sheriff's Office has arrested four teenagers who are accused of calling in a bomb threat to Western Harnett High School last week.

Charged were 17-year-old Dustin Norman Turman, 18-year-old Freddie McKinny Jr., and 18-year-old William Russell Ray. Ray was released on bond over the weekend; Turman and McKinny got out on bond Monday.

Also arrested was a 14-year-old minor whose name could not be released.

All four teens were charged with conspiracy and aiding and abetting.

Turman and Ray were students at Western Harnett. They have been expelled.

Sheriff Larry Rollins said McKinny, of Greensboro, called in the threat last Monday. He also was charged with calling in a false bomb threat.

"We did some more investigations and have had some confessions," Rollins said. "We are absolutely certain that we have the right people in this case."

Making and conspiring to make bomb threats are felonies.

The threat was called into the school last Monday morning. School officials evacuated the building. Dog detection teams were brought into the school. Because of the time involved in the search, students were sent home.


Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all