Local News

Fire Forces Temporary Evacuation Of N.C. State Student Center

Posted October 16, 2003

— A fire forced students to evacuate the Talley Student Center at North Carolina State University Thursday afternoon.

Authorities say the fire broke out in the cafeteria, following after a malfunction with a deep fat fryer.

Officials say there was no damage, but the kitchen area behind Little Dino's in the food commons area will be closed Thursday night because of chemicals used to put the fire out.

Students were allowed to return to the student center.


Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all