Local News

Officials: Cigarette Sparked Cary Apartment Fire

Posted November 24, 2006
Updated November 26, 2006

Map Marker  Find News Near Me
— Cary investigators said they believe a cigarette sparked a fire that damaged some condominiums in Cary late Thursday.

No one was injured, but two units in the Wellington Ridge neighborhood off Cary Parkway were heavily damaged.

Firefighters said the blaze started in or near the back patio of a top-floor unit. They said they believe the fire was accidental.

The fire displaced residents in three other units when electricity was cut off.

All residents were staying with family members or friends, authorities said.
Comments

This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all