Fayetteville Firefighters Respond To Gas Leak, Fire
Posted August 13, 2003
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. — Things are back to normal in Fayetteville after firefighters worked to repair a gas leak and extinguish a fire.
Officials say a line crew was installing a power pole Wednesday morning beside the Fayetteville Professional Firefighters Association building off of Fort Bragg Road when they hit a gas line.
As crews worked to repair the leak, a power line caught on fire. Traffic had to be diverted around the area.
Firefighters were able to cap the leak and extinguish the fire by 1 p.m.