Man Accused Of Kidnapping Ex-Girlfriend Now Charged With Rape
Posted July 18, 2006
RALEIGH, N.C. — A man arrested in connection with the kidnapping of his ex-girlfriend has now been charged with rape.
Raleigh police spokesman Jim Sughrue said Bruce Nicholas Parrish, 28, surrendered to police without incident at about 6:30 p.m. Monday at a Days Inn on South Wilmington Street.
Authorities had received information that Parrish might be at the motel and deployed specialty units to the scene. Parrish was then contacted by telephone, Sughrue said, before he surrendered.
Parrish has been charged with rape and kidnapping, along with breaking and entering. He was being held in jail on Tuesday under $500,000 bond.
Earlier in the day, Parrish allegedly entered a residence on Brandycrest Drive and forced his ex-girlfriend from the home at gunpoint. Witnesses said the woman's sister was inside at the time and ran to a neighbor's house to call 911.
Investigators said the two then left in a red pickup truck believed to be a late-1990s Ford Ranger. Authorities said Parrish's ex-girlfriend was found uninjured in the motel room.
Parrish, who is distinguished by a series of dots tattooed on his face, was scheduled to appear in a New Hanover County courtroom next month on charges of misdemeanor assault on a female.
He also faced numerous charges in the past, including breaking-and-entering and possession of stolen goods.