Local News

Fire Damages Raleigh Business

Posted June 22, 2006

— Authorities say a fire ripped through a business that served the Raleigh community for the past 49 years.

The incident happened overnight at Andrews' Market on South Wilmington Street.

Fire investigators on the scene said everything inside is destroyed.

Store owner David Andrews said if a customer was short on cash, he would just let them pay when they had the money.

"It's been part of the family for all of these years and it's going to be tough," he said.

Investigators said the fire started in the middle or back of the store. No one was inside at the time. There is no word yet on what sparked the fire.


Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all