Local News

Fire Damages Raleigh Apartments

Posted March 31, 2003

— An apartment fire started by a torch has driven 19 people from their homes.

The fire started Monday afternoon at Meredith Woods near Lake Boone Shopping Center.

A maintanance worker doing some torch work on water pipes started a fire. Officials said the worker thought he put it out, but it started spreading up the walls.

No one was hurt, but smoke and water damaged several apartments.


Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all