Local News

Electrical Cord To Blame For Deadly Fayetteville Fire

Posted December 30, 2002

— Fire investigators have confirmed a deadly Fayetteville fire was started by the improper use of an extension cord with a heating pad.

Paul Johnson died when fire swept through the home late Friday night.

Investigators say an electrical cord connected to a lamp and heating pad was found next to a bed where the fire started.

Johnson's dog also died in the fire. Two women in the home escaped with minor injuries.

Comments

Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all