Local News

Faulty Wiring To Blame For Fire At Quail Corners Shopping Center

Posted October 23, 2002

— Fire investigators in Raleigh said faulty wiring of a neon sign is to blame for an overnight fire at a Raleigh shopping center.

The fire took place at the Quail Corners Shopping Center on Millbrook Road around 1:30 a.m. Wednesday.

Fire investigators said the sign was in the window of a shoe repair shop. A dry cleaners next door was also damaged.

Fire officials said the flames spread quickly through the buildings to the attic, causing extensive damage.

The shopping center is no stranger to fire. In 1999, several fires damaged businesses there.

Damages are estimated at $200,000 to $300,000.

Comments

Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all