State budget up for public comment Tuesday
Posted April 27, 2009
Updated April 28, 2009
Raleigh, N.C. — Members of the public can comment and offer suggestions for the state budget Tuesday at the North Carolina Museum of History in Raleigh, and via videoconference from 10 community college campuses statewide.
Video sites are:
- Johnston Community College in Smithfield
- Bladen Community College in Dublin
- Central Piedmont Community College in Charlotte
- Fayetteville Technical Community College in Fayetteville
- Forsyth Technical Community College in Winston-Salem
- Pamlico Community College in Grantsboro
- Southwestern Community College in Sylva
- Surry Community College in Dobson
- Vance-Granville Community College in Henderson
- Martin Community College in Williamston
The meetings begin at 6 p.m. Those who wish to speak can sign up at any location starting at 5:30 p.m. Each registered speaker will be allotted two minutes.
State residents who can't attend a meeting can e-mail comments to Town.Hall@NCLEG.NET, enter them on the General Assembly Web site, fax to 919-754-3328 or mail to:
House Appropriations Committee
Suite 401, LOB
300 N. Salisbury Street
Raleigh, NC 27603-5925
Officials said the projected $2.2 billion deficit for the 2008-09 fiscal year, which ends in June, could be larger than expected because tax payments are lagging behind forecasts.