Hank Williams Jr. to sing at Palin rally
Posted October 14, 2008
Elon, N.C. — The Republican vice presidential candidate will return to North Carolina Thursday.
Sarah Palin will speak at a rally at Elon University's Latham Park. Gates open at noon.
Palin will be joined on stage by country music legend Hank Williams Jr., who will perform his new song in support of the Republican presidential ticket, "The McCain-Palin Tradition."
Palin was in Greenville last week as the campaign started to ramp up appearances in the state.
The party's presidential candidate, John McCain, was in Wilmington on Monday.
The Republicans have increased their presence in the state to defend it from the rise of Democratic rival Barack Obama. Obama has heavily invested in turning out the state's large blocs of black and young voters.
Thursday's rally is open to the public, but tickets, available from local campaign offices, are required. A campaign spokesman in Raleigh said that lines which formed when tickets first became available had diminished by 2 p.m., but tickets remained available.
Ticket-holders will be admitted on a first-come, first-served basis. Parking is available at Firehouse Field on Williamson Avenue.
Participants can get tickets – there is a limit of two per person – from the following campaign offices:
- 4600 Durham Chapel Hill Blvd., Durham, 919-539-5928
- 147 S. Center St., Goldsboro, 573-647-9016
- 3800 Tinsley Road, Suite 103, High Point, 336-885-0467
- 103B Commerce St., Greenville, 252-321-1996
- 1506 Hillsborough St., Raleigh, 919-828-6423
- 1826 Sunset Ave., Rocky Mount, 919-862-6183
- 2110 Cloverdale Ave, Suite D, Winston Salem, 336-724-6000