John Edwards' Political History
Posted January 30, 2008
The steps in John Edwards' political career:
- November 1998: Elected to U.S. Senate from North Carolina, defeating Sen. Lauch Faircloth.
- January 2003: Forms exploratory committee for 2004 presidential bid.
- September 2003: Announces presidential campaign.
- March 2004: Withdraws from campaign following Super Tuesday primary losses.
- July 2004: Named vice-presidential candidate with John Kerry on Democratic ticket.
- November 2004: Kerry and Edwards lose election to President George W. Bush.
- December 2006: Announces bid for 2008 Democratic nomination.
- January 2008: Withdraws from Democratic contest.