Triangle Flight of Honor
WRAL partners with the Flight of Honor program to provide a very special trip for veterans of World War II. The program gives veterans an opportunity to travel in groups on a commercial, chartered flight for a day trip to visit the World War II Memorial erected in their honor in Washington D.C.
The final Triangle Flight of Honor takes off from Raleigh-Durham International Airport on Wednesday. WRAL anchor Jackie Hyland will join the veterans and report on their trip throughout the day.
Help welcome the veterans home with a parade at RDU at 8 p.m. Wednesday. The public is invited to attend.
Lend your support
Veterans do not pay the $500 cost for their seat, organizers said. Instead, they are either sponsored by specific fund-raising projects, or they apply for general admission, and public donations are used to support the remaining expense of each flight.
WRAL viewers have donated more than $56,000 to raise money for the flights.
Donations are accepted online or at any Triangle area Bank of America branch.
- Final Triangle Flight of Honor trip draws huge homecoming crowd
- Rocky Mount woman recalls WWII Navy days
- Year's last Flight of Honor lands at RDU
- Hoke County vet recalls POW past
- Flight of Honor takes veterans to D.C. memorial
- Rocky Mount vet joins last Flight of Honor
- Hoke County vet ready for Flight of Honor
- Veterans return from Flight of Honor
- WWII vet: DC memorial is 'beautiful'
Send us photos of your veterans
- Triangle Flight of Honor
- Application to participate in the Triangle Flight of Honor
- Triangle Flight of Honor Itinerary
- Claude May's WWII diary
- Regional Hub Locations for Honor Flights
- Honor Flight Network
- National WWII Memorial
- Donate to Flight of Honor
- Purchase a 2012 Triangle Flight of Honor calendar
Published: 2010-05-27 22:59:00
Updated: 2012-04-17 08:51:22