WRAL.com archive: Shaniya Davis case
Five-year-old Shaniya Nicole Davis was reported missing from her Fayetteville home by her mother on Nov. 10, 2009. Volunteer searchers found her body six days later in the woods off N.C. Highway 87 near the Lee-Harnett county line. Family friend Mario Andrette McNeill was convicted in her death in May 2013 and sentenced to death. Her mother, Antoinette Davis, awaits trial on charges she sold the girl into sexual servitude to pay off a drug debt.
Dead girl's father says he's forgiven mother
Girl was either sold or kidnapped, not both, lawyer says
Jury sentences Shaniya Davis' killer to death
McNeill refuses testimony on his behalf
Father of Shaniya Davis pleased with verdict
Jury to decide whether girl's murder warrants death sentence
Jury begins deliberating fate of McNeill
Jury hears closing arguments in Shaniya Davis case
Suspect insists he didn't kill Shaniya Davis
Defense attorneys disagree with McNeill's plan to air entire police interview
Hairs consistent with McNeill found on hotel comforter
McNeill's DNA not found on Shaniya Davis
Published: 2013-08-27 14:59:29
Updated: 2013-08-27 14:59:29
Triangle Area Special Offers
- Move-in ready homes across the Triangle available from Lennar! Click to view inventory.
- Become a Durham County Foster Parent
- Myrtle Beach Spring Deals - Up To $300 Off
- Myrtle Beach Getaway Specials & Package Deals
- Quick move-in homes ready now, from the #1 Homebuilder in the Triangle! View Lennar homes.