Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools got a national honor Wednesday afternoon when U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan listed the 14 districts to recognized as Green Ribbon districts, models of environmental sustainability.
- Biogen tops sustainable corporations list; Novozomes, Lenovo, Cisco, EMC crack top 100
- Sea level report shows increasing pace of change along coast
- Gifts 'round the tree lead to overflowing recycling bins
- New Year's Day hikes offered at NC state parks
- Proposed bonds would pay for Raleigh parks improvements