Cary, N.C. — Wake County Public School System staff will present the Board of Education with a new student assignment proposal for the 2013-14 school year next week, a WCPSS spokesman said Thursday.
The presentation is on the board agenda for its meeting Tuesday at 5:30 p.m. WRAL.com will stream that meeting live.
In June, the board asked staff in the Office of Student Assignment to draft a new assignment proposal that includes address-based school assignments and focuses specifically on three key components – student achievement, stability and proximity.
After the proposal is presented, the board will spend several weeks studying it and hearing from the public.
The following public hearings have already been scheduled:
- 6:30 p.m. on Sept. 24 at North Garner Middle School
- 6:30 p.m. on Sept. 26 at Leesville Road High School
- 11 a.m. on Sept. 29 at Lignon Magnet Middle School
- 6:30 p.m. on Oct. 4 at Panther Creek High School
- 6:30 p.m. on Oct. 8 at Rolesville Middle School
The board hopes to adopt a final plan by late October.