Public meetings set to discuss Wake school calendars
Posted February 8, 2010
Updated February 16, 2010
Raleigh, N.C. — The Wake County Board of Education is holding five community meetings as the board discusses school calendar options, and officials said the results of these meetings could affect decisions on school calendar assignments as early as the 2010-11 school year.
The meetings will be held from 6:30 to 9 p.m. in the auditoriums at the following high schools:
- Feb. 9 at Holly Springs High, 5329 Cass Holt Road in Holly Springs
- Feb. 11 at Southeast Raleigh High, 2600 Rock Quarry Road, Raleigh
- Feb. 18 at Heritage High, 1150 Forestville Road in Wake Forest
- Feb. 23 at Leesville Road High, 8409 Leesville Road in Raleigh
- Feb. 25 at Panther Creek High, 6770 McCrimmon Parkway in Cary
People can register online to speak at a forum, but an individual can speak at only one meeting.
Speakers can also sign up on site from 5:15 to 6:15 p.m. the day of the meeting. Those who sign up at the door will speak after those who pre-registered online.
Each speaker will be limited to two minutes.