Target is beta testing a new mobile rewards program called Target Red Perks. According to the e-mail I received, the program is only available here in the Raleigh-Durham area. If you qualify to join, you can score 5% off a shopping trip when you earn enough points!
Here's how it works:
* If you qualify to sign up (see below), you will earn 10 points for every dollar spent in-store or online. Once you reach 5000 points, you receive 5% off an entire shopping trip at Target. According to the e-mail, there are additional perks and bonuses that will be offered.
* To earn points in a Target store, you must present your REDperks account barcode at the time of purchase.
* Points expire one year from the date they are earned.
* The 5% savings can be combined with other total transaction discounts (excluding other REDperks certificates, Pharmacy Rewards certificates, and Wedding Registry and Baby Registry completion certificates), but cannot be applied to purchases in Target Clinic, Target Optical, previous purchases, Target credit account payments; debit card or Target Check Card cash back; all gift cards and prepaid cards and more. See restrictions on the sign up page for more details.
* The Terms and Conditions do not indicate if the points are earned on the pre-coupon total or the post-coupon total, but it does indicate that points are earned for every dollar spent. I am guessing the points are earned on the amount you actually pay at the register after other discounts and coupons have been tendered.
How to sign up:
1. Head to the program sign up page.
2. Enter your name, zip code and e-mail.
3. Enter the mobile device you will use to access the program.
4. Click Request Invite.
5. If you qualify to join the program at this time, you will then receive a link to the app to download. If you do not quality, they will let you know immediately.
I was not able to qualify when I clicked that I had an Android. I was able to qualify when I clicked iPhone. Guess I will be loading this one on my daughter's iPhone! It looks like they do not have an Android app at this time.
If you are a regular Target shopper, and spend enough to reach the bonus 5% off certificate, this is a nice extra perk. For those who do not do much shopping at Target, you may not ever spend enough to earn the 5% off bonus.
Did you qualify to join?