New Food Lion Coupon Hub
Posted February 5, 2014
Food Lion has just rolled out a new coupon center on their website called the Coupon Hub. It basically combines the digital coupons they already had on the site and printable coupons from coupons.com (same coupons as you find on the Smart Shopper Coupons link).
I did notice that today they have a number of store brand coupons and some higher value name brand coupons on the digital section including $1 off 1 Philadelphia brand cream cheese, $1.25 off 1 Food Lion brand frozen shrimp, .50/1 my essentials shredded cheese, .60/1 my essentials sliced cheese.
Here's how it works:
* Go their website HERE and sign in to your Food Lion account or sign up for one. You will need your MVP card if you are signing up for the first time.
* Click on the Load to Card or the Print at Home tab to see the available digital and printable coupons. You can filter the coupons by key work, expiration or coupon value.
* Once you have loaded digital coupons to your MVP card, you can click on the Print My Coupon List link to print out a list of the coupons you loaded so you remember which digital coupons you have available when you go shopping. Warning, I had to change the setting to Landscape because when it printed in portrait, it cut off some of the deals. Unfortunately, the list also prints a picture of the item, wasting ink.
* When you buy the items that you have digital coupons for, the digital coupon amounts will come off at the register (as long as you use the MVP card you registered with and you bought the correct products). If the amount does not come off automatically, let the cashier know so they can have a manager fix it.
* There is also a tutorial video on the website that explains it all.
This seems more like a streamlining of coupon sources they already had than a roll out of a new coupon option, but it could certainly help those who shop at Food Lion to find the available coupons easily.