Neighbor saves woman from burning house
Posted December 21, 2012
Henderson, N.C. — This time of year, most people have a lot to be thankful for. But Jean Allison is thankful to be alive and thankful for a woman she calls her guardian angel.
CeCe Powell, Allison's neighbor, saved her life when Allison's home caught fire in Greenway mobile home park.
Powell was walking her dog on Tuesday morning when she saw flames coming from Allison's home.
"The first thing I said was, 'Lord, you're going to have to help me on this one,'" Powell said.
Powell said she used a brick to break a window to get Allison out of the house.
"I'm breaking the window thinking, 'How am I going to get her out of here?'" Powell said. "A voice, and I'm sure it was the Lord, said, 'Turn around and let her ride on your back out the window.' So that's what we did."
Allison was treated for smoke inhalation at the Jaycee Burn Center at UNC and will be released soon.
"She's a hero, she really is," Allison said. "I probably wouldn't be here without her."