NC State Fair tickets go on sale
Posted July 31, 2012
Tickets for the N.C. State Fair go on sale Wednesday at 10 a.m. through the fair's website.
Early bird admission tickets are $6 for adults and $2 for children. Buying tickets early saves you $2 per adult ticket and $1 per child's ticket. Children under 6 years old and adults 65 and over get into the fair for free.
For fans of rides, there is an 18-ticket ride sheet available for $10 in advance – $8 off the regular price.
Tickets are also going on sale for all of the Dorton Arena shows during the fair. Here's a rundown of the shows and their prices:
- Thursday, Oct. 11: Varsity Vocal Showcase, $10
- Friday, Oct. 12: Matthew West and Sanctus Real, $10
- Saturday, Oct. 13: Jake Owen, $10
- Sunday, Oct. 14: Hot Chelle Rae, $15
- Monday, Oct. 15: Scotty McCreery, $25 - Sold Out
- Tuesday, Oct. 16: Scotty McCreery, $25
- Wednesday, Oct. 17: Jason Michael Carroll, $5
- Thursday, Oct. 18: Brian McKnight, $15
- Friday, Oct. 19: Michael W. Smith, $10
- Saturday, Oct. 20: Billy Currington, $20
- Sunday, Oct. 21: Corey Smith, $10
If you buy your concert tickets online, there will be a 15 percent convenience fee and fair admission isn't included in the ticket price.
Taking advantage of the early bird specials for the fair could also get you up to three free adult tickets to the fair. Spending between $40 and $100 earns you one free ticket. Purchases of $100.01 to $200 will earn fairgoers two free tickets, and purchases of more than $200 earn three free tickets. Note: All of the totals must be before convenience fees are applied to earn the free tickets.
Admission, ride and concert tickets can be purchased on the State Fair's website.