NC State Fair tickets go on sale Aug. 1
Posted July 21, 2014
Raleigh, N.C. — The North Carolina State Fair isn't until October, but you can get advance tickets next week.
Advance admission tickets are $7 for adults and $3 for children. Buying in advance means you save $2 per adult ticket and $1 per child's ticket.
As with every year, children 5 years old and younger and adults 65 years and older get in for free. Members of the military and family members with proper identification can purchase tickets at the gate for $5, but not in advance.
Bringing a big group to the fair? Adult admission tickets for groups of 40 or more are $5. The child group ticket for groups of 40 or more will sell for $2.
If you like the thrill of riding the rides at the fair, an 18-ticket ride sheet is $10 in advance, which saves you $8 off the regular price.
Early-bird specials in August mean you can earn up to three free adult admission tickets based on your total purchase amount before convenience fees. Online admission, ride, grandstand and Dorton Arena concert tickets all apply toward the total. Here's how it works:
- Spend between $50 and $100 in one order and earn one free ticket.
- Spend between $100.01 and $200 and earn two free tickets.
- Purchases of $200 or more earn three free tickets.
To qualify for the Early Bird Special purchase total and orders must be completed before 11:59 p.m. on Aug. 31.
Here's a list of the Dorton Arena shows and their prices:
- Thursday, Oct. 16: Vanilla Ice ($5)
- Friday, Oct. 17: Gospel artist Tamela Mann ($10)
- Saturday, Oct. 18: Clay Walker ($12)
- Sunday, Oct. 19: Parmalee ($10)
- Monday, Oct. 20: Love and Theft ($10)
- Tuesday, Oct. 21: Comedian James Gregory ($5)
- Wednesday, Oct. 22: Brandy Clark ($5)
- Thursday, Oct. 23: TBA
- Friday, Oct. 24: Newsboys ($10)
- Saturday, Oct. 25: Trace Adkins ($17)
- Sunday, Oct. 26: Joan Jett and the Blackhearts ($15)
All shows start at 7:30 p.m.
The 2014 State Fair is Oct. 16-26.