Durham, N.C. — NC Beat, North Carolina’s newest music television series, premieres Saturday at 8 p.m. on the North Carolina channel, celebrating the talent, variety and liveliness of music in the state.
Starting Saturday, viewers can tune in weekly to enjoy music from artists with strong Carolina roots. They might even get a glimpse of North Carolina news or learn about events in our state while they watch.
Since the music in North Carolina is so diverse, NC Beat artists will be too. Listeners can expect to see performances of bluegrass hip hop, rock and roll, country and more.
A line-up of bands is already planned through August (NC Beat's first season), including:
· July 2—Americana jam band Urban Soil, from Raleigh
· July 9—Retro majestic artist Laney Jones and the Spirits, from Mount Dora, Florida
· July 16—Outlaw country from Chapel Hill's Campfires & Constellations
· July 23—Americana/folk/new grass band TheMid-Atlantic, from Wilmington
· July 30—Durham Hip-Hop star Shirlette Ammons
· August 6—Durham punk rock bands Pink Drinks along with Almost People
· August 20—Winston-Salem punk band Gainsay
· August 27—Punk rockers Wolves & Wolves &Wolves & Wolves, from Winston-Salem
NC Beat premiere party
The folks at the North Carolina Channel and UNC-TV will be celebrating NC Beat's premiere one night early on Friday at Full Steam Brewery in Durham. Come see highlights from the series on Fullsteam's big screen and meet members of the production team and the bands featured in the series.
You can tune in to the North Carolina channel every Saturday at 8 p.m. or watch performances on demand right now at unc.tv/ncbeatvideo.