As you have likely noticed, I blog about Swagbucks nearly every day.
Here is my story about when I joined, why I think it's a great site for making a little extra money and how I earn free gift cards to places like Amazon, Target, Walmart, Starbucks, CVS and more.
I joined Swagbucks in October 2010 because a couponing friend recommended the site. I had been writing this Smart Shopper blog for about a year when she posted about Swagbucks on the blog.
I was skeptical at first because she said she was earning gift cards every month just by doing the internet searches she usually did, watching videos, taking surveys, doing online shopping through their shopping portal and more.
I tried it out for a few weeks and was surprised at how many SB points I had earned by doing the things I mentioned above. Keep in mind that I am a blogger so I am on the computer 8 hours a day or more so it's easier for me to earn Swagbucks from my desktop than people who are not on the computer as much as I am. But even if you only spend a little time on the computer, you can still score gift cards every month. And the good news is that they also have a mobile app and multiple mobile video apps that you can download to earn Swagbucks when you not on a desktop.
I now earn about $25 - $30 per month in gift cards or Paypal doing searches, watching videos, taking surveys, making my online purchases through their online shopping portal, taking the daily poll and entering the daily Swagbucks code and more. That's over $300 per year for doing easy things online. If you have more time for surveys or do more online shopping, you can easily earn more.
I usually cash out my points for gift cards to Paypal (which can be transferred to your bank so it's like getting paid in cash), CVS (who doesn't love free toilet paper, right?!), various gas stations and Starbucks (special treat for my teens every once in a while).
New Member Sign-Up Bonus: If you have not signed up get, new members get a SB bonus when you sign up at Swagbucks.com HERE. To get the bonus SB points, click the text that reads "I have a sign up code" during registration and then enter the code: SMARTSHOPPER to get the bonus. Make sure you use all caps since it is case sensitive.
Read on to see exactly how I earn those SB points so I can cash them in for gift cards.
How to Earn SB Points
* Search online: Each time you need to search for something online, use the Swagbucks search engine on their website (instead of Google). I actually have the Swagbucks toolbar installed on my desktop and it places a search box right on my screen making it super easy to search. Every once in a while, they award SB points just for doing the searches I used to do using Google.
* Take surveys on their website
* Answer the daily poll
* Watch videos through their website or multiple mobile apps
* Use their online shopping portal (I do most of my online shopping at major retailers who are part of the Swagbucks Shop and Earn program (like Amazon.com, Kohls.com, Target.com, Walmart.com and more) and earn Swagbucks every time I shop. Recently, I was credited with 562 SB points (worth $5.62 in gift cards) for an online purchase I made at Kohls.com.
* Play games
* Participate in special Swag Code events (which I post about on the blog)
* Enter the daily Swag Code (which we usually let you know about here on the blog each day). Swagbucks posts bonus codes on their Facebook, Twitter and blog pages each day. If you have the Swagbucks Mobile App, it will buzz when there is a new code. When the code becomes available each day, one of us posts it here on the blog so we can all get it. The codes are only valid for an hour usually. Once you get the code, you then copy and paste the code into the Swag Code box at the top of the homepage of Swagbucks.com. Look for the circle with the words Swag Code next to it.
New member bonus Swagbucks sign-up code!
As I posted above, new members get a 70 SB bonus when you sign up HERE. To get the bonus SB points, click the text that reads "I have a sign up code" during registration and then enter the code: SMARTSHOPPER to get the bonus. Make sure you use all caps since it is case sensitive.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links and I appreciate your using them!