Local News

Morrisville gas leak cause by contractor error

Posted July 26, 2012
Updated July 30, 2012

— A contractor working on Morrisville's Town Hall Drive hit an underground pipe Thursday morning, causing a gas leak and the evacuation of two buildings.

Angie Townsend, spokeswoman for PSNC Energy said the utility quickly shut off the gas supply and there was no danger to people living or working in the area.

Workers were asked to leave Morrisville's Public Safety and Parks and Recreation offices, at 240 and 260 Town Hall Drive, for about an hour and traffic was diverted around the area.

PSNC crews had to cut the asphalt to repair the damage to the pipe and expected to complete their work by about 3 p.m.


This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all
  • Naysayer Jul 27, 2012

    Before reading the story I thought the error was having that the contractor had that second taco for lunch. Most common cause of gas leaks.

  • smahlum Jul 26, 2012

    Proofreaders . . . "affected" not effected.