My weekly menu is a little different this week after a trip to the ER on Friday.
I truly thought I was having a heart attack so when they determined it was actually a gallbladder attack, I was definitely relieved.
Thankfully, my heart is "good to go", as they say. Unfortunately, the gallbladder may have to go.
I'll know more after seeing my GI doctor (hopefully this week).
In the meantime, I have to eat a seriously low-fat diet to prevent another more-painful-than-labor attack.
If any of you has experienced a gallbladder attack or the "joy" of eating a GB-safe diet, please share your tips, menus and experiences. I'd love to know what you are able to eat.
Feel free to e-mail me if you are willing to share your gallbladder surgery experience/tips for recovery. My e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org .
And for everyone else, here's the place to share your meal ideas for the evening or the week, post where you bought the ingredients frugally and even share a recipe if you would like.
We'll be having the following meals this week:
My meals will all be amended to exclude most of the fat like cheese, cream sauces, butter, taste (ha ha).
* Tortilla roll-ups with grilled chicken breast, spinach, tomato, cheese, avocado and salsa with a side of roasted veggies.
* Veggie and cheese omelets, turkey bacon, biscuits, clementines and kiwis. (egg white omelet with veggies for me)
* Steamed shrimp on chopped salad with veggies, croutons, dried cranberries and sunflower seeds and a light vidalia onion dressing. Side of croissant rolls.
* Veggie burgers on wheat bread with classic burger toppings, sweet potato fries, steamed broccoli or green beans.
* Lemon Pepper Tilapia on saffron rice with roasted veggies (carrots, mushrooms, onions, asparagus)