Local News

Manager: Woman burned in apartment fire out of hospital

Posted March 7, 2010

Map Marker  Find News Near Me


— A woman burned in a fire at a Granville apartment complex Thursday has been released from the hospital, the manager of the apartment complex said Saturday.

The woman suffered facial burns during a fire that ruined much of the upper floor of a building at the Granville Oaks Apartments complex, on Watershed Way. She was taken to the North Carolina Jaycee Burn Center at UNC Hospitals in Chapel Hill.

Six of the eight families displaced by the fire will be moving into other apartments in the complex, said apartment manager Sharon Ladd.

Ladd has said that the fire was caused by a resident who had an oxygen tank in her apartment and lit a cigarette. The lead investigating agency, Butner Public Safety, said investigators could not comment until Monday.


This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all