Man wanted for questioning in Fayetteville robbery spree
Posted December 14, 2011
Fayetteville, N.C. — Fayetteville police are looking for a 28-year-old man wanted for questioning in connection with a recent spree of convenience store robberies.
Jonathan Wayne Lockamy is also wanted on an arrest warrant for failure to appear in court.
Police are investigating five robberies from Nov. 26 to Dec. 8 in which a man walked into a business, brandished a knife and demanded money.
- Kangaroo store, 6489 Yadkin Road, at 12:33 a.m. Nov. 26
- Scotchman store, 6508 Yadkin Road, at 12:09 a.m. Nov. 27
- Hess-Wilco store, 4560 Raeford Road, at 1:03 a.m. Nov. 28
- Kangaroo store, 100 S. Reilly Road at 11:27 p.m. Dec. 8
- Hess Wilco store, 670 N. Reilly Road, at 11:31 p.m. Dec. 8
Lockamy has not been named as a suspect or charged in these robberies.
He was released from prison in August after serving a 2-year prison sentence for 20 convictions for break-ins in Johnston, Wake and Cumberland counties, according to state Department of Correction records.
Anyone with information on his whereabouts is asked to call Fayetteville police at 910-433-1856 or Crime Stoppers at 910-483-8477. Crime Stoppers pays cash rewards for anonymous tips that solve crimes.